FAQ-Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center

Are you accepting new patients?

Yes, you must complete a new patient packet, gather all documents and call admissions to schedule a registration appointment.

I am native, am I eligible for health benefits from your facility?

Yes, as long as you can prove you are from a federally recognized tribe or are of
Wintu, Pit river, or Yana descendent.

How do I know if I am from a federally recognized tribe?

Check online at NCSL (National Conference of State Legislators) they provide list of all state and federally recognized tribes.

I was receiving health care on my reservation can I be seen there?

Yes, you must first complete a new patient packet and have all information required available as long as you can prove you are from a federally recognized tribe or are a Wintu , Pit river, Yana descendent.

How do I find out what tribe I am affiliated with?

You have to determine how you are native through either parents or grandparents determine which tribe they are enrolled members of and contact that tribe directly.

What is acceptable as an alternate resource “insurance”?

Any insurance is acceptable that can be submitted for reimbursement to RRTHC and other Health Care facilities.

Can my family also be seen at this facility?

Yes, once you are an established patient your family may be eligible for services under certain conditions.

What is a compliant Medi-cal denial?

A compliant medi-cal denial is a notification of action received from social services determining the reasoning medi-cal is denied and can only be used by Native American patients.

Why do you require Indian verification, birth cert, SSN, proof of physical address, valid identification etc.,?

Pursuant to mandates established by the Indian Health Care Improvement Act between the Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center (RRTHC), Tribal Council and Indian Health Service these documents are required to stay in compliance with all federal regulations.